Saturday 24 August 2013

Interview : Simming Away

On our last day of Simmers Summer Week, I interview a fellow Simmers Connect Blogging Network member Simming Away! Her blog is famous for her Feature Friday post in which she highlights community members and showcases them! Make sure to check out her site http://simmingaway.blogspot.co.uk/



1. Can you tell us the story of how you got into the Sims franchise?
    I was introduced to The Sims by my neighbour not too long after the game was originally released. She would buy each expansion pack as they were released and I would play them with her at her house. My parents later bought my brother and I the base game and Unleashed, which we played until I got The Sims 2 base game. From there, I've just progressed onto later games as they've been released.



2. Can you tell us what your new blog is about?

    So far my blog has covered a wade variety of Sims related topics, including reviews, current household updates, live broadcast recaps and more. I also run Feature weekly, which showcases my favourite simmers each week, and enables me to achieve my mission of supporting simmers and giving them the acknowledgement they deserve. Through my blog I have also become the official partner of two simmer-created series, The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores and TS3 Cribs, so I focus content on them too.

3. Are you excited for The Sims 4?
    At this current stage I don't know enough about the game to be excited or to have decided whether I will buy the game or not. However, recently I have started to feel that it's time to progress to something new from The Sims 3, so I'm hoping The Sims 4 will be able to fill that gap. I have high hopes for The Sims 4 though, and I have plans in mind for my blog if I do purchase the game. 

4. What new feature would you love to see in TS4?
    There are a few things that I've thought about, such as a greater purpose for multiple generations and extended families, whether it be babysitting (instead of the current TS3 useless ones) or family events. I think sport could be better incorporated into the game too. This is something I think has been lacking across the franchise so far. Another thing would be a better part time job system, such as a variety of shifts or even more options. 

5. What type of simmer are you?
     I play realistically, so I don't use any of the creatures in the game (and I definitely don't own Supernatural). Recently I've spent more time building and designing though.



6.Are you excited for the Movie Stuff pack?
   No. I don't think I'll have any use for it in my game. It's an interesting stuff pack concept, but it's just not suited to my playing style.

7. Are you excited for Into The Future?
    Not at this stage. I won't be able to purchase it until weeks after the release, so I'm not counting down to the release date like I have for other expansion packs, so this is dampening my excitement.

8. If you could bring back any old expansion for The Sims 4, which one would it be?
    Open for Business! I'm really disappointed that it was overlooked in The Sims 3.

9. If you could create a stuff pack for The Sims 4, what would you create?
    I'd create one packed full of epic party stuff. If Sims could have better parties and host greater events, I'd use this feature a lot.

10. Finally, where do you see your blog in five years?
      That's a tough one. The reason why I started the blog was because I wanted to build it into a platform for supporting other simmers. I've already achieved that goal to some extent, but I'd love to be able to have the capacity to step it up even further. Over the next 5 years, I wouldn't mind  creating a small team to help me make it bigger and better. I haven't really thought that far into the future yet though, as I'm currently making plans for The Sims 4 if I decide buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment